Additional Vinaya Materials
All of the materials on this page are written or translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu, unless otherwise indicated.
- Bhikkhu Pāṭimokka. A translation of the Bhikkhus’ Rules with an introductory essay.
- Bhikkhuni Pāṭimokka. A translation of the Bhikkhunis’ Rules with an introductory essay. These Rules are also cross-referenced with the Bhikkhus’ Rules to highlight where they diverge.
- Stored-up Food : A Discussion of Pācittiya 38, by Khematto Bhikkhu. This essay, which includes the relevant Pāli along with its English translation, addresses the issue of whether the Vinaya allows monks to eat food reoffered on a subsequent day.
- On Ordaining Bhikkhunis Unilaterally
- The Mahāvagga, translated by Khematto Bhikkhu. A translation, side-by-side with the original Pāli, of one of two books from the Vinaya Piṭaka explaining the rules and protocols concerning the daily life of the Saṅgha. (Currently only books VI, VIII and X are available, but the other books will be uploaded here in the coming months.)