Miscellaneous Essays by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
These essays by Thanissaro Bhikkhu were first printed in one or another of the various Buddhist magazines, Tricycle, et. al., and have not yet been included into an essay collection such as Noble Strategy on the ebook download page. They are available here as .pdf files. Note that there may have been some changes to the essays or their titles since publication.
- On Ordaining Bhikkhunis Unilaterally
- Four Apadanas: Translations with an Introductory Essay
- Under Your Skin: The Buddha’s Teaching on Body Contemplation
- Silence Isn’t Mandatory: Sensory Perception in the Jhanas
- The Buddha’s Last Word
- What’s Noble about the Noble Truths?
2012 and Earlier Essays
- Going for Refuge
- Hunting & Gathering the Dhamma
- The Customs of the Noble Ones
- The Economy of Gifts
- The Karma of Happiness
- The Traditions of the Noble Ones
The following essay was collected into the essay book “Head & Heart Together,” however in abridged form. The unabridged version is still available here as a .pdf file.